QCH COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic
Queensway Carleton Hospital is supporting the regional vaccine rollout through an onsite COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic, working with Ottawa Public Health and other regional health partners.
The clinic is operated by QCH physicians, nurses, pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, registration, and volunteers.
Appointments will be contingent on the availability of the vaccine and are booked through the provincial online vaccine booking program by those eligible for the vaccine only. Appointments are not booked by QCH. The clinic is by appointment only. Walk-ups are not permitted.
If there are any issues booking your vaccine, please contact Ottawa Public Health.
What you need to know
Where to enter the QCH COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic
The QCH COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic has a separate entrance, located beside our Emergency Department on the east side of the hospital. The entrance is marked on the map.
Yes, it is the door nearest the Tim Horton's sign. Unfortunately, no, you will not be able to get your coffee here when you get vaccinated.
Individuals who are coming to Queensway Carleton Hospital for their COVID-19 vaccine are able to park in our main visitor parking lot, located at the front of the hospital. Please park in the main lot, preferably ‘LOT C’ (please note the alphabetical markers in the parking lot).
If you are coming specifically for the vaccine, you do not have to pay for parking.
- When you first arrive at the clinic and register, the registration clerk will provide you with a parking voucher
- When you are ready to leave the parking lot after your appointment, you can either
- Use the white parking kiosk beside the parking exit gates: Put the entry ticket into the parking pay machine and, after the sum total is presented on screen, immediately put the voucher from registration into the same slot. The pay machine will then validate the ticket and spit out your free pass.
- Drive up to the exit gate: Put the entry ticket into the machine and, after the sum total appears on screen, put in the voucher from registration. The ticket will be validated, and the exit gate will open.
The main parking lot (in blue) and parking kiosk/exit gate (in red) are marked on the map.
What to bring to your vaccination appointment
Please ensure you have brought the following to your vaccine appointment:
- Valid health card
- Valid government ID
- Vaccine appointment confirmation
You will be waiting at the vaccine clinic for 15 minutes after your shot. We recommend you bring something to pass the time as you wait: a book, your phone, a tablet, etc.
What to expect when you arrive at the clinic
- You may be required to stand in line outside before you are able to enter the clinic, please dress appropriately for the weather
- Once you enter the clinic you will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms, consent forms will be checked, you will be registered and then vaccinated
- You are required to wait 15-30 minutes (time may vary per individual) after receiving your vaccine, to watch for any adverse reactions
- After waiting your specified time you will be checked out of the clinic by the registration clerk
- You will be provided with your Vaccination Receipt
- Parking Voucher if applicable