Located in fast-growing west Ottawa, Queensway Carleton Hospital has built its reputation as a leading acute care hospital by seeing the person in each of the nearly 500,000 people who turn to it for care each year. QCH’s agility and collaborative culture enable it to respond quickly to the most pressing healthcare challenges facing its vibrant and growing communities through advanced programs that reinvent models of patient care. QCH has been named the #1 hospital in Ottawa by Newsweek magazine in 2021 and as a top employer in Canada by Forbes magazine.
Queensway Carleton Hospital, West Ottawa’s only full-service hospital, offers a diversity of medical and surgical programs and services. With a team of over 2,700 health professionals, the 355-bed Queensway Carleton Hospital is the secondary referral centre for the Ottawa Valley.
QCH acknowledges we are on the traditional and unceded lands of the Anishinabe Algonquin Nation.
Our Cornerstone Programs
We will be the hospital of choice, recognized for our exemplary patient care, people and performance in an environment of innovation and strategic partnerships.
As a patient and family centered hospital:
- We provide a broad range of acute care services to the people of Ottawa and the surrounding region.
- We respond to the needs of our patients and families through our commitment to exemplary performance, accountability and compassion.
- We partner with other health care and community service organizations to ensure coordinated and integrated care.
- We actively promote a learning environment in which our staff, physicians, students and volunteers are progressive and responsive.
- We are an active teaching partner with colleges, universities and other healthcare programs.