Learn and lead
We at Queensway Carleton Hospital strive to make all new staff members feel welcome with a comprehensive orientation program. We are proud to offer an environment where staff thrive, learn, and have fun! You will find unlimited opportunities to learn and lead—in a team of 2,500 where you won’t get lost in the shuffle.
We are a hospital that is focused on teamwork and you’ll have the opportunity to work closely with a range of departments and healthcare professionals. We actively promote a learning environment, encourage professional development, employee wellness, and offer opportunities for advancement.
We pride ourselves on our thriving and positive work life:
- Our friendly and supportive atmosphere, with an emphasis on our close QCH culture
- Our learning culture, which focuses on structured problem-solving and empowering our people to contribute to continuous performance improvement
- Our collaborative, supportive leadership - fostering a leadership style that focuses on developing and empowering others, and collaborating without boundaries
Located in acres of green space west of downtown, our hospital campus features walking paths and restful benches. In neighbouring Bells Corners find a selection of diverse family-owned restaurants, shops, and brewery. Plus, one of the region’s largest shopping centers is just minutes away.
At QCH, staff members enjoy competitive salaries and a full benefits package, which includes:
- Extended health and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
Our on-site amenities for staff
- Wellness centre with workout area, treadmills, weights, and a yoga space
- Covered bike racks
- Staff lounges
- On-site covered parking available
- Cafeteria featuring themed lunches
Thanks to a vibrant Staff Association, events for staff and their families have included:
- Trivia nights
- Sleigh rides
- Escape Rooms
- Themed lunches
- Award and recognition ceremonies
- Golf tournaments
- Christmas dinner and dance
- Many social events
The Queensway Carleton Hospital avoids the worst of the traffic thanks to our west of downtown location. We’re also conveniently within one kilometre of two major highways: the 417 (east-west) and the 416 (north-south). QCH couldn’t be better situated.
Our hospital can also easily be accessed by cycling routes and public transit.