We look for individuals whose own personal values compliment those of the Hospital…where respect, accountability and innovation are our values.
Our volunteers possess the following qualities:
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
In order to provide quality services and support to the Hospital, we rely on the commitment of our volunteers. Our minimum commitment requirements are:
- 75 hours or 12 month minimum program placement
- One shift per week (2-4 hours in length)
Steps to Become a Volunteer:
***Please note that individuals must be a minimum of 16 years of age to apply to the Queensway Carleton Hospital volunteer program.
Register to attend an Information Session:
Email email@example.com or telephone Volunteer Resources 613-721-4709 to register for one of our Information Sessions.
During the session, potential candidates to will learn about volunteer engagement opportunities, expectations and receive an application package. Please refer to the bottom of this page for the upcoming Volunteer Information Session dates.
Submit Application Package:
Complete and return your application package to the Volunteer Resources Department (Level 1). This includes two mandatory written reference forms. If your interests and availability match the Hospital’s current needs, an interview may be arranged.
At this interview, you will be meeting with a staff member of our Volunteer Resources Department to determine your fit within the QCH team. Please note that attending an interview does not guarantee acceptance.
Upon acceptance Volunteers will be required to complete the following mandatory steps:
- Health Screening: As part of the Public Hospitals Act and the OHA guidelines, to work in a hospital, you will require proof of:
- Chicken Pox immunization and/or immunity
- MMR (Mumps, Measles, Rubella) immunization and/or immunity
- Police Records Check for applicants 18 years of age or older.
Once all required on-boarding steps are completed, specific placements will be arranged.
Things to keep in mind:
- Submitting an application does not guarantee you will be accepted into the program.
- The process to become a volunteer has several steps all of which take some time. The intake process was developed to ensure we best serve the patients, staff and the potential volunteer.
Information Session Registration:
Space is limited for the Volunteer Information Sessions, please register early. Register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling our Volunteer Resources Department at 613-721-4709. We require your name, email and telephone number. Please note we are only recruiting for our Outpatient Assistant and Gift Box programs. These programs run from 7:30 am to 6:00 pm Monday to Friday. We are not recruiting for evening or weekend shifts.
Upcoming Information Session Dates:
Monday, September 14, 1:30-2:30 pm
Thursday, September 17, 1:30-2:30 pm
Monday, September 28, 4:30-5:30 pm
Monday, October 5, 1:30-2:30 pm
Note: Session could be cancelled based on registration numbers or weather.