QCH is committed to providing an atmosphere of quality and safety for our patients and our staff. The Hospital has implemented many patient safety initiatives and continually looks for new opportunities for improvement.
Below is a list of some of the safety initiatives Queensway Carleton Hospital is actively involved in to ensure all patients receive quality care while in our Hospital.
- Safer Healthcare NOW!
- Continuous Performance Improvement (CPI) video
- MORE OB Program
- Accreditation Canada
- Nurses Improving Care for Healthsystem Elders (NICHE)
- Two Positive Patient Identifiers
- Speak Up Campaign
- Medication Reconciliation Project
- Monitoring number of Ventilator Associated Pneumonia (VAP) infection rates
- Just Clean Your Hands Campaign
- Critical Care Outreach Team (Rapid Response Team)
- Safety Dialogues (Executive Walk-Abouts)
- Falls Risk Assessment and Prevention Program
- Patient Safety Education Day
- Senior Friendly Hospital Project
- OHA's "Your Healthcare - Be Involved" Program
- Patient & Family Advisory Committee