QCH and COVID-19
QCH is actively involved in caring for patients with COVID-19.
For the latest information on the virus, please visit Ottawa Public Health: COVID-19
How are we keeping you safe?
Our patients' safety has always been and will always be a topmost priority at Queensway Carleton Hospital.
We have been working diligently to make our patients feel safe when they need to come to QCH for care during these unprecedented times.
- Everyone entering the hospital must wear a mask and keep it on at all times.
- All areas of our hospital are thoroughly cleaned frequently by our staff.
- Physical distancing markers have been placed at hospital entrances to ensure you stay 6 feet apart.
Our Infection Prevention and Control team is in close contact with Ottawa Public Health and other agencies to help guide decision-making and receive updates on the virus.
As of February 3, 7 patients admitted to Queensway Carleton Hospital have tested positive for COVID-19. This number includes all admitted-positive patients, including those admitted for COVID-19 and those with COVID-19 who are in the hospital for other medical reasons.
What if you think you may have COVID-19?
If you suspect you have the virus or have been in close contact with someone who does, Ontario Health has a self-assessment tool that will help you figure out your next steps.
Please consult the Ottawa Public Health website for the most recent information on COVID-19, including a full list of symptoms and testing information.
Patients coming to QCH
To keep everyone safe, we have put some practices in place.
Upon arrival at the main entrance:
- You will be screened for symptoms at one of the screening stations
- You are required to wear a mask at all times when you are in the hospital – you will be given a new medical mask during screening to wear
- Please stand 6 feet apart from others to ensure proper physical distancing.
An important note: if you are screened positive for one of the symptoms of COVID-19, be prepared to potentially have your appointment rescheduled, as you will not be allowed to proceed into the hospital.
A volunteer will be on hand to help guide you to a waiting room. Please maintain appropriate physical distance while waiting for your appointment and wear a mask at all times. All waiting rooms are cleaned thoroughly and often to ensure your safety.
Help us keep everyone safe: if you are coming to Queensway Carleton Hospital for an appointment, please wear a mask. Thank you.
To protect everyone's health, visitor restrictions are in place at QCH. More information can be found on our Visitor Restrictions page.